We work closely with academic founders and entrepreneurs to develop credible funding strategies to turn the best research into commercial success.
Parkwalk’s investment strategy is sector agnostic, investing across a broad range of sectors, which are of strategic importance to UK Plc, such as life sciences, quantum computing, advanced materials, genomics, cleantech, future of mobility, med-tech and big data. For example, Parkwalk were recently named the most active investor in Artificial Intelligence in the UK.
Given we are technology agnostic we generally seek to invest alongside specialist funds with the capacity to follow on investing in future rounds. We are the most co-invested fund in this asset class.
We are also stage / maturity agnostic, investing in Seed and Series C round and beyond. We have invested in up to five financing rounds of individual investee companies. We invest c. £65m per year in the sector.
Parkwalk actively seeks to co-invest with other specialist funds
We have the ability to invest from £250k to £10m per round
Invest from early-stage through to Series C round and beyond
Look to follow our money and invest over multiple rounds
Key Criteria 1
Key criteria for potential Parkwalk investee companies
- Businesses with strong links to a leading UK university or research establishment
- We generally require a potential investment to have come through a technology transfer or similar process
- The firm has a leading technology which has the potential for significant commercial success
- It has the ability to protect IP or know-how through, for example, patents and freedom to operate
- Have a suitable management team in place to provide appropriate leadership and governance
- We are an EIS Fund and so invest within those rules and restrictions.
- Our underlying investors will be looking to recycle their investment through a liquidity event in a 3-8 year period
Parkwalk Funds invest in dynamic university spin-out companies seeking to commercialise intellectual property and technology. From investing in seed to later stage companies, we help fantastic management teams develop and build world-class successful businesses.
Covatic has developed a decision engine to enable a unique, personalised digital media. The technology incorporates linked data and semantic reasoning. Covatic empowers media companies to deliver exceptional in-app experiences by identifying when, where and how each individual can engage with content – all without needing to expose personal data.
Lime Microsystems pioneered the creation of the single chip transceiver and now specialises in field programmable RF (FPRF) transceivers, SDR solutions, IoT gateways and mobile base stations for the next generation of wireless broadband systems.
Active Inspiration developed a mobile health and exercise wearable app that uses industry standard secure protocols to allow members to collect all their exercise data in one place. Members can choose to connect their preferred exercise apps like Fitbit, Garmin or Strava to their Bounts account to earn points and credits.