We work closely with academic founders and entrepreneurs to develop credible funding strategies to turn the best research into commercial success.
Parkwalk’s investment strategy is sector agnostic, investing across a broad range of sectors, which are of strategic importance to UK Plc, such as life sciences, quantum computing, advanced materials, genomics, cleantech, future of mobility, med-tech and big data. For example, Parkwalk were recently named the most active investor in Artificial Intelligence in the UK.
Given we are technology agnostic we generally seek to invest alongside specialist funds with the capacity to follow on investing in future rounds. We are the most co-invested fund in this asset class.
We are also stage / maturity agnostic, investing in Seed and Series C round and beyond. We have invested in up to five financing rounds of individual investee companies. We invest c. £50m per year in the sector.
Parkwalk actively seeks to co-invest with other specialist funds
We have the ability to invest from £250k to £10m per round
Invest from early-stage through to Series C round and beyond
Look to follow our money and invest over multiple rounds
Key Criteria 1
Key criteria for potential Parkwalk investee companies
- Businesses with strong links to a leading UK university or research establishment
- We generally require a potential investment to have come through a technology transfer or similar process
- The firm has a leading technology which has the potential for significant commercial success
- It has the ability to protect IP or know-how through, for example, patents and freedom to operate
- Have a suitable management team in place to provide appropriate leadership and governance
- We are an EIS Fund and so invest within those rules and restrictions.
- Our underlying investors will be looking to recycle their investment through a liquidity event in a 3-8 year period
Parkwalk Funds invest in dynamic university spin-out companies seeking to commercialise intellectual property and technology. From investing in seed to later stage companies, we help fantastic management teams develop and build world-class successful businesses.
Silicon Microgravity is developing the world’s smallest high performance MEMS-based microgravity sensor with a projected resolution of approximately one billionth of the Earth’s gravity. This technology has applications in fields as diverse as Carbon Capture and Storage, the oil and gas industry, ground water management, civil and mining engineering and the defence and space industries.
Flusso is developing flow sensors in CMOS MEMS technology. The first product will be the world’s smallest flow sensor.
Undo is the leader in software reliability solutions to accelerate defect resolution across all phases of the software development lifecycle with absolute certainty. Built for mission-critical software, Undo is trusted by the world’s largest technology companies to quickly resolve issues in complex applications. Undo’s Live Recorder enables engineering teams to eliminate the guesswork in softw