We work closely with academic founders and entrepreneurs to develop credible funding strategies to turn the best research into commercial success.
Parkwalk’s investment strategy is sector agnostic, investing across a broad range of sectors, which are of strategic importance to UK Plc, such as life sciences, quantum computing, advanced materials, genomics, cleantech, future of mobility, med-tech and big data. For example, Parkwalk were recently named the most active investor in Artificial Intelligence in the UK.
Given we are technology agnostic we generally seek to invest alongside specialist funds with the capacity to follow on investing in future rounds. We are the most co-invested fund in this asset class.
We are also stage / maturity agnostic, investing in Seed and Series C round and beyond. We have invested in up to five financing rounds of individual investee companies. We invest c. £65m per year in the sector.
Parkwalk actively seeks to co-invest with other specialist funds
We have the ability to invest from £250k to £10m per round
Invest from early-stage through to Series C round and beyond
Look to follow our money and invest over multiple rounds
Key Criteria 1
Key criteria for potential Parkwalk investee companies
- Businesses with strong links to a leading UK university or research establishment
- We generally require a potential investment to have come through a technology transfer or similar process
- The firm has a leading technology which has the potential for significant commercial success
- It has the ability to protect IP or know-how through, for example, patents and freedom to operate
- Have a suitable management team in place to provide appropriate leadership and governance
- We are an EIS Fund and so invest within those rules and restrictions.
- Our underlying investors will be looking to recycle their investment through a liquidity event in a 3-8 year period
Parkwalk Funds invest in dynamic university spin-out companies seeking to commercialise intellectual property and technology. From investing in seed to later stage companies, we help fantastic management teams develop and build world-class successful businesses.
Ionix Advanced Technologies has developed ultrasonic transducers designed from the ground up to operate continuously in extreme environments across a range of industries. The Ionix novel and proprietary piezoelectric technology offers reliable, stable and cost effective ultrasonic measurements at temperatures from –40°C up to +380°C and in the presence of ionizing radiation.
Psyomics aims to improve the diagnosis of mental health patients through enhanced digital questionnaires and the use of blood-based diagnostics. This should both increase the speed of diagnosis and reduce the level of misdiagnosis for patients.
Echion Technologies is developing a portfolio of advanced battery active materials, a key battery component with a major impact on battery performance. The company is engaging with chemicals and battery cell manufacturers to integrate its materials solutions into their next-generation products. Echion Technologies provides a unique platform for battery material and composite ma