Parkwalk’s focused investment strategy, combined with its highly experienced and deep network of partners, specialist co-investors, industry experts and advisors, allows the team to make relatively rapid investment decisions, and deploy capital efficiently.
Parkwalk’s focused asset class has enabled us to develop strong and trusted relationships over the past 10 years, building a reputation as good people to do business with, and bringing with it the highest quality deal-flow.
We are the most co-invested fund in this asset class and we invest c.£50m per year into the sector.
Parkwalk actively seeks to co-invest with other specialist funds
We have the ability to invest from £250k to £10m per round
Invest from early-stage through to Series C round and beyond
Look to follow our money and invest over multiple rounds
Key Parkwalk investment philosophy
- We are willing to take early stage risk but invest across the spectrum from seed to later stage opportunities
- We seek to invest in flat capital structures with all stakeholders (investors, founders, institutions etc) aligned in the same share class
- We feel that by investing we are showing the founders and management respect for their business plan and vision and we expect this to be reciprocated
- We feel these investments are a team effort between all the stakeholders and that moving forward they should all be treated fairly
- We look to follow our money and will invest over multiple rounds
- We have the ability to invest from £250k to £10m in any one round depending on the stage of the business
Parkwalk Funds invest in dynamic university spin-out companies seeking to commercialise intellectual property and technology. From investing in seed to later stage companies, we help fantastic management teams develop and build world-class successful businesses.
Cheesecake Energy Limited (CEL) is developing a green energy storage technology known as eTanker that stores electricity in the form of compressed air and heat. eTanker is deployed in a modular, containerised package, making it suitable for a range of terrains and applications in industry including local renewable microgrids, electric vehicle fleet charging and heavy industry.
Psyomics has utilised its experience from University labs and the Delta clinical trial to create a digital mental health assessment tool called Censeo. Censeo delivers a psychiatrist quality mental health assessment to help reduce misdiagnosis and get patients on the correct treatment pathway quicker, whilst improving GP and psychiatry efficiency.
Cytora has developed technology which can detect factual, real world events from unstructured text. It can deliver this in real time which has transformed underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Risk Engine uses artificial intelligence to learn the patterns of risks over time, enabling insurers to improve profitability and deliver fairer prices to their customers.